Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Robin Van Persie back in Squad to face Tottenham..


Arsene Wenger confirmed today that Robin Van Persie is back in the Arsenal squad for the North London derby at Tottenham.
The Dutch striker has been sidelined since mid-November with ankle ligament damage but is expected to feature at White Hart Lane on Wednesday night - albeit from the substitutes bench.

"He is in the squad for tomorrow's game," revealed Arsène Wenger at his pre-match press conference.

"It's a bit premature maybe [for Van Persie to start the game] so I will see but he is in the squad. I haven't picked the team yet.

"When I pick a player it means he is fit and sharp and has worked very hard. Of course he lacks match-practice but physically he is ready, he is fit."

"It's been a tough time," admitted Wenger. "When you know how much Robin loves football it's been a very tough time I tell you but he has certainly come through with a different appetite and stronger as well for the future of his career so I am very happy that he is back.
"What is the most satisfying for me is that he looks in training like he has never been out."

Arsene Wenger also said that despite a run of injuries up front, he did not coerce Van Persie's comeback.

"I have never forced anybody to play," he said. "My job is to allow players to play. But he feels ready and fit and is happy to contribute."

No comments:

Post a Comment